TechSpot

"Audio CD: 0 bytes used, free space: 0 bytes" problem

By SoapSud
Feb 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, i'm new here, and I need some help badly. Up untill now, my dvd-ram drive has been working perfectly, reading any type of disc with no fuss. All of a sudden, it now decides that it does not want to play or read audio cds properly. in my computer, it says the cd is no 0 bytes big, and there is 0 bytes free. When i look on the cd, all the files are worth 44 bytes, and they display as 1kb respectively.

I have had this problem once before, but managed to sort it out, but now i can not remember the method to sort it out.

please help!

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome to TechSpot

Did you install something CD/DVD related? Or did you try to play a copy-protected CD?
    That part looks normal to me (at least in Windows).

3. SoapSud

SoapSud TS Rookie Topic Starter

does a program that makes virtual drives count as installing something?

I thoguht this may of caused the problem

4. SoapSud

SoapSud TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for attempting to help, but i have solved the issue now. It turned out that Alcohol 120% was the problem, as I thoguht it was. I just removed it, and now everything is tickety-boo.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.