Audio Controller~ please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahzel

My computer was recently experiencing problems so I had my friend wipe the hard drive because I don't have an installation disk and now I have no sound.
The device manager has the yellow question marks on the Multimedia audio controller as well as the 4 other things in the "Other devices" section
but I had tried to update the driver and it says it can't
I don't have a disk and I had come across this site looking for help to fix it
so I tried a few of the sites that were offered to others with similar problems and I can't get it to work still
Soooo~~
Help please?

First, disable the audio drivers in Device Manager. There are a bunch of them.
Then run the free Belarc Advisor, or Everest Home, to determine exactly what you have for audio. Then repeat the download of the driver, carefully nothing ALL the install requirements for the driver, as it applies to your device.

Be certain that your audio connections are tight before you start. Then run the sound utilities in Start ->Control Panel->System-> Device manager, and Start->Control Panel ->Sounds and Audio Devices to be sure it is ok.

I`m guessing your computer has onboard sound,
and that it`s an OEM (Dell,Hp,Gateway,Toshiba etc.)

Just go to the web site of the computer maker,
look for the 'Support' or 'Downloads', choose your model No.
then 'Audio driver' and you should find something that works.

You can even google something like : (computer model) audio/sound driver.

I was actually just trying to, and I couldn't
the driver that I downloaded for my computer model says it can't create::
"c:/cabs"
and aborts
I've been trying to figure it out for about 8 hours and looking all over the web, lol me and someone I know tried several different things and nothings working x.x

Oh my god, I love you >w<
thank you very much^^ that worked =3

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

I knew he didn't install them when I couldn't play my music lol
what do you mean by which mobo? like the AMD or whatever?
lol i'm not awake anymore XDXD

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

MS-7145B0505000837

Lol I'm a tart so that might not be it... =X
but it had the bar code thingy, so ya XD

lol he went home already
but umns.... probably nothing compared to you lmao '>>

umns, ATX-300-12E? =P

lol I guess I could =X
now that I feel more like a tart then I did XD
lol
but no, no box, lol I threw that away 2 and a half years ago =P
if T6410 is it that was on the front, but it says that's the computers model number in the user's guide whatever XP

Try this: go to Start > Run and type dxdiag in the box and click OK. This will give you many details of your system including motherboard information. System Manufacturer and System Model should apply to the motherboard.

I went there already XD
that driver file for my audio didn't work either from that site, the one for my computer =/
but oh well I have sound now so whatever I'm happy XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back