Audio Device Controller HELPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm controlling the urge to throw the computer out in the yard! Windows 2000 Pro was installed and since then, no sound. There was sound before.
A yellow question mark is next to OTHER DEVICES. I have info from Belarc Advisor but dont know where to go or what to do...please help me!

System Model:
VIA Technologies, Inc. KT333-8235
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Main Circuit Board:
Board: KT333-8235
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 08/19/2002

If your system is an oem build such as Dell/Gateway/HP etc, you can get the sound drivers from the manufacturers website.

If your system is custom built, you will need to go to your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website for the drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Appreciative

Thanks for the reply. This is where I have problems, it was custom built and i dont know the manufacturer of the motherboard (Main Circuit Board?), and if i did know, i dont understand where to go or what to do when i get on the site. My teen-agers had to show me how to use and program my cell phone! Again, thanks for your help.

Ok, download the free Everest programme from HERE.When you run the programme, click on the large computer icon, followed by the summary icon. In the list that appears, it should tell you your mobo brand and model.

Regards Howard :)

Looks like your using onboard audio, Make sure its enabled in the BIOS,

Then download latest mobo drivers which also install the sound drivers, Let us know what happens, gl,

Is there anyone besides me that had audio instantly after installing their windows? cauz m always hearing how people dont have their audio and bla blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back