Audio Device? it says i have none WHERE HAS MY VOLUME GONE?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im haveing problems with my volume, when I go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices it says No Audio Device. i have no clue why its like that, can somone please tell me how to get my Volume back, Please try and go threw the Step on how getting it back!:(

Go to 'control panel' then select 'sounds and audio devices'. On the volume tab look at the "mute" box and make sure that it is not selected. Make sure that the volume controls are turned all the way up. If it's not that/ go to 'control panel'- select 'system' and pick the 'hardware tab' then select the 'device manager' tab. Find 'multimedia audio controller' and select /properties'. It will say if the device is working or not. Post another question if you still have no sound.

maybe you could specify what the problem exactly is. what was the error/problem message you got?

also, could you tell us which sound card you have? (it's the name that's in the 'multimedia/audio controller' tab. in the Device manager(if you dont know how to get there, see the post above)

. (something like AC'97 audio or anything like that)

a driver reinstall might help, but if we know the name of the card, we can also help you there.

Hey i had a same problem like you a while back heres what you should do:

Check if your sound card hasn't been fried.
Check your mute options.
If you have a "Sound Channels" Options on your computer put the arrow in the middle of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back