Audio driver problem

By justevangel
Feb 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys im gonna ask for help
    my audio has a problem that I dont really understand
    1st is the volume icon on the tray has x on it and when I try to click it the toubleshooter comes up and `detect` the problem and then it suggest that I reinstal it which I did apply the fix. and then it says realtek AC 97 audio has a driver problem. ive been seraching for a fix in over a week now and its tiring....
    im running on windows 7 32-bit 1.5gb ram dual core processor

pls help guys thanks in advance
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,082   +222

Have you gone into Control Panel>Sounds & check it out in there? I too have had an X on mine from time to time but usually just a reboot fixes it.
  3. justevangel

justevangel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes sir tried to surf the net for solution. when I slide my pointer on the volume control it says no audio output device installed
  4. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,082   +222

You might try looking here http://www.techspot.com/drivers/
  5. justevangel

These are the problems I encounter as you can see I have the driver but it says it needs to be reinstalled. tried that but it nothing happened it errors again. :(
    asdf.jpg asdf1.jpg asdf2.jpg Untitled.jpg
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, type msinfo32 in the box. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • For XP, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
    • For Vista and later, click Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
    • When DxDiag opens, look along the buttons at the bottom of the DxDiag window
      ===> If 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run 64-bit version of dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post
  7. justevangel

Here. I appreciate ur reply sir

Realtek AC'97 Audio PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&2411E6FE&2&F2 This device cannot start.

Attached Files:

8. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

1. Not sure which steps you followed to reinstalled the driver but you should
    > Open CtlPnl->Programs and Features. Look for the Realtek audio driver and uninstall it from there
    > Go to Realtek website and download/install the AC97 driver from there

2. If still a problem try the MS Audio Fixit HERE

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.