Audio driver problem

Hi guys im gonna ask for help
my audio has a problem that I dont really understand
1st is the volume icon on the tray has x on it and when I try to click it the toubleshooter comes up and `detect` the problem and then it suggest that I reinstal it which I did apply the fix. and then it says realtek AC 97 audio has a driver problem. ive been seraching for a fix in over a week now and its tiring....
im running on windows 7 32-bit 1.5gb ram dual core processor

pls help guys thanks in advance

Have you gone into Control Panel>Sounds & check it out in there? I too have had an X on mine from time to time but usually just a reboot fixes it.

Yes sir tried to surf the net for solution. when I slide my pointer on the volume control it says no audio output device installed

These are the problems I encounter as you can see I have the driver but it says it needs to be reinstalled. tried that but it nothing happened it errors again. :(
asdf.jpgasdf1.jpgasdf2.jpgUntitled.jpg

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, type msinfo32 in the box. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • For XP, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • For Vista and later, click Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
  • When DxDiag opens, look along the buttons at the bottom of the DxDiag window
    ===> If 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

Here. I appreciate ur reply sir

Realtek AC'97 Audio PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&2411E6FE&2&F2 This device cannot start.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 2
1. Not sure which steps you followed to reinstalled the driver but you should
> Open CtlPnl->Programs and Features. Look for the Realtek audio driver and uninstall it from there
> Go to Realtek website and download/install the AC97 driver from there

2. If still a problem try the MS Audio Fixit HERE

Back