TechSpot

Audio driver problem

By justevangel
Feb 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys im gonna ask for help
    my audio has a problem that I dont really understand
    1st is the volume icon on the tray has x on it and when I try to click it the toubleshooter comes up and `detect` the problem and then it suggest that I reinstal it which I did apply the fix. and then it says realtek AC 97 audio has a driver problem. ive been seraching for a fix in over a week now and its tiring....
    im running on windows 7 32-bit 1.5gb ram dual core processor

pls help guys thanks in advance

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +327

Have you gone into Control Panel>Sounds & check it out in there? I too have had an X on mine from time to time but usually just a reboot fixes it.

3. justevangel

justevangel TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes sir tried to surf the net for solution. when I slide my pointer on the volume control it says no audio output device installed

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +327

You might try looking here http://www.techspot.com/drivers/

5. justevangel

These are the problems I encounter as you can see I have the driver but it says it needs to be reinstalled. tried that but it nothing happened it errors again. :(
    asdf.jpg asdf1.jpg asdf2.jpg Untitled.jpg

6. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +182

List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, type msinfo32 in the box. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • For XP, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
    • For Vista and later, click Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
    • When DxDiag opens, look along the buttons at the bottom of the DxDiag window
      ===> If 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run 64-bit version of dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

7. justevangel

Here. I appreciate ur reply sir

Realtek AC'97 Audio PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01\3&2411E6FE&2&F2 This device cannot start.

Attached Files:

8. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +182

1. Not sure which steps you followed to reinstalled the driver but you should
    > Open CtlPnl->Programs and Features. Look for the Realtek audio driver and uninstall it from there
    > Go to Realtek website and download/install the AC97 driver from there

2. If still a problem try the MS Audio Fixit HERE