Audio driver update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a gateway computer that came with windows me. i installed xp home from a wndows cd. i could not turn my mic booster on and off with the new xp home, so i downnloaded drivers to update to xp from gateway for my sound card. now i get nothing but static somes from my speakers, and still cn not turn on mic boost. if i restart my computer it usually fixes the static. my question is... how do i get my old drivers back without a backup point and how do i get as much control over my sound card with xp as i had with my gateway version me?

There is alot of older hardware that will never work properly with XP because manufacturers decided not to spend money on developing new drivers. Thats most likely the case with your sound card. Try Win 2000 drivers. If that doesnt work you will need to go back to ME or get s anew sound card.

Please dont even consider going back to ME...because that would be just..well...wrong... Anyway, if you have to, just pick up a new sound card, wont cost you that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back