Audio Hardware Conflict or just Windows doesnt recognize speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowingnissan07

I have the SiliconHarbor Multimedia Speaker System. Although they are brandnew, they've worked before. I have 3.5 Ghz CPU (Duron) and 256 MB RAM, + XP. I installed my K7 333 Motherboard from PCCHIPS manually. I cannot hear any sounds from them at all, although they are connected correctly and the volume is up and all that jazz. When i click on volume control i get this:

No active mixer devices availiable.

When i tried to use the windows troubleshoot, several of there questions dealt wth Device Manager.

Here's what i have under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs

Supposedly, my "sound device" is supposed to be there, but i have no idea which one of those is my speaker system. All of these are now working properly, yet no drivers are installed on them. When i try to, it fails because the "data is invalid"

??

Under Other Hardware, one device, with a symbol of Question Mark and a Exclamation point is marked Multimedia Audio Controller. THis too had no drivers, and when it searches it cant find any, and im not connected to the internet on my PC. I am guessing this is my speaker system.

Under Sound and Audio Device properties, i cannot change any settings because there is " No Audio Device", yet my speakers are hooked up on the back of the PC correctly and whatnot.

Is this a hardware problem?, configuring the audio wires on the motherboard or somthing? or is this all software? drivers and stuff.

Its very irritating. Please help!

:darth:

Speakers are invisible to your computer. All your computer cares about is running the sound card and putting a signal in the audio out (where you plug in your speakers). The problem with your system is that your sound card is not recognized/installed. You'll need to obtain the drivers for your sound card and install them. Once you've done this, then your Sounds and Audio Devices properties will then have an audio device to select.

You'll need to identify what model motherboard you have and download the driver. (pcchips.com).

FYI, there is no 3.5Ghz Duron

If your soundcard is a motherboard integrated sound card, then the drives should be on the CD that came with the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back