Audio hardware not compatible with driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
recently i installed XP Pro, and when i install the driver for the integrated ADI HD Audio Driver, it would come up with an error saying 'audio hardware not compatible with driver'. It is very weird because before i had formatted, i was using XP Home Edition, and it was working fine.
In device manager, the only thing with a question mark is a PCI Device (which is not the integrated sound). I have checked BIOS, Device manager, tried reformatting again.
What are some other possibilities? Any ideas would be great, thanks.
MrBenL

Welcome to Techspot!

uninstall that pci device. i dont know why that is showing up if you do not have a pci sound card installed.

instead of installing drivers for your card, try just restarting your PC and letting plug and play detect it. click cancel for all the dialogs to install drivers for it. wherever your driver files are, extract them to a folder if they are zipped or compressed or anything. then, go into control panel>system>hardware tab>device manager>and find your card. right click on it and click properties. click update driver (or reinstall or install whatever it says). click i will choose the location to install from. choose the folder where you downloaded your driver files to as the install folder. this should work if you have the right drivers. what is the exact name of your motherboard and brand and name of the card, etc? please post here so we can make sure that you have the best drivers for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back