Audio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speaker/audio aint workin. Whenever I try to click on the icon of the speakers to give them volume, it says this "Cannot find MMDRIVER.INF file needed to install driver. This file may be damaged or not be in your SYSTEM32 directory" If someone can help me out of where to find the file or something I'd appreciate it

HuH? oh! Hello Welcome to TechSpot

Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows 2000
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

To install a missing codec on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Printers and Other Hardware.
2. Under See Also, click Add Hardware.
3. Click Next.
4. Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click Next.
5. In the Installed hardware list, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.
6. Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and then click Next.
7. In the Common hardware types list, click Sound, video and game controllers, and then click Next.
8. Under Manufacturer, click (Standard system devices).
9. Click Have Disk.
10. In the Install From Disk dialog box, click Browse, and then open the following folder:
C:\Windows\System32
11. Click the Mmdriver.inf file, and then click Open.
12. In the Install From Disk dialog box, click OK.
13. Click Continue Anyway if you receive the following message:
The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. (Tell me why this testing is important.

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the software vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing.
14. In the Model list, click the codec that you want to install, such as the Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and the IMA ADPCM Audio Codec, and then click Next.
15. Click Next to start the installation of the codec.
16. Restart the computer after the codec has been installed.
Notes
• You must repeat these steps for each codec that you want to install.
• You may have to provide your Microsoft Windows CD to complete these steps.
• If you are prompted for a .dll file when you install the IMA ADPCM Audio Codec, use the .dll file in the system32 folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back