Audio Issues, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody,
i've got an intel D945GNT board with XP pro installed. at my initial installation, the audio installation was smooth and there are no audio problem, but suddenly (after about 3 days) the volume control on my bottom right of the desktop is missing and checking the the Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Volume; Audio; Voice were greyed.

I have done the following but cannot solve my audio problem:
1. i've formatted and freshly installed the XP pro, then after this, installed Intel's Express CD, but intel audio failed in the installation.
2. Checked the audio on the BIOS (the Audio & Legacy Audio was enabled).
3. Checked the Run>Services.msc>Windows Audio, it indicated that it started.
4. Uninstall the ff: Control Panel>Add or Remove Program>High Definition Audio Driver Package -KB835221, and Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>System devices>Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.
then installed again the Express CD-it failed again.
then repeat the uninstallation process above, then installed the latest audio & chipset drivers at Intel's Website, but it also failed to solve my problem.

Can anyone help me with these??? i've been on several day in solving my problem with no success...

also, if i had a busted onboard soundcard, does anyone know any software to confirm that it is really busted.

in addition to that

i have also checked the Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and there are no yellow triangle with exclamation point indicating that there are problems with hardware installation. but the audio problem remains...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back