Audio playback trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like an *****.

when i was going through Add/Remove programs (i have windows XP btw) i accidently deleted something that made my sound stop working... i have a feeling that it was some audio software but im not sure.

when i click on program say iTunes... it tells me this : " iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Vidro playbak may not operate properly.

so basically i accidently "deleted my sound" i dont know hwere to start or what to do. if anyone can help me that would be great.

Do you have a drivers CD for your sound card ?
If so,just reinstall the drivers from that.

You can also go to the web site of the card
manufacturer to get them.

GeneralManager said:
i feel like an *****.

when i was going through Add/Remove programs (i have windows XP btw) i accidently deleted something that made my sound stop working... i have a feeling that it was some audio software but im not sure.

when i click on program say iTunes... it tells me this : " iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Vidro playbak may not operate properly.

so basically i accidently "deleted my sound" i dont know hwere to start or what to do. if anyone can help me that would be great.

Try these steps.

Check Device Manager for the status on your audio card.

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

Check if your audio/sound card has either a yellow '?' or '!'. A '?' means the device driver is missing or corrupt. If there's a '!', that means the device is not functioning properly. If it's '!', right-click on it and select properties and then select Troubleshooting.

Failing that, check Sounds and Audio Devices for suggestions.

Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices

i looked in device manager and under "other devices" it has "multimedia Audio Controller" which has a Question mark and an Exclamation mark next to it... when i right click on it it says that the drivers for this devic are not installed... is this the problem? should i try and find drivers for this? and if so- where should i get them?

One thing to try before looking elsewhere, is to go to the control panel

click on 'Add hardware' and see if Windows can save you the bother,

by reinstalling the drivers itself.

BlameCanada said:
One thing to try before looking elsewhere, is to go to the control panel

click on 'Add hardware' and see if Windows can save you the bother,

by reinstalling the drivers itself.

Actually, right-click on the device and select "Update" and it does the same thing as what Blame is suggesting.

If that Windows fails to find a driver for it, then you need to go to the web site for the manufacturer of the audio device and download the latest driver. If you're not sure, then load Lavalys Everst Home Edition and it will list the manufacturer for you and it's web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back