Audio problems in some games and only some movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a P4 2.3 with 384 ram. I am using a geforce fx 5500 vidoe card which seems to work perfectly. I recently got a sound blaster audigy 2 7.1 basic card and now some movies and some games have extreme distortion when I play them. Like when I play Rise of Nations, there is distortion when the game starts then no sound at all. When I play certain movies, the sound is great, as it is with all music files, but some movies are unbearable. please someone help. Ive been trying to fix this for weeks. Could it be a conflict with my video card?

start with updating your audigy sound drivers.

If that doesn't work, you may have to activate/fiddle with EAX or "Hardware" sound instead of software sound. Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab. Under sound playback do "advanced" then Performance and play around with your hardware/software settings.

let me know how it goes.

Thanks for replying. I have the most up to date drivers for all my hardware. i think it is a conflict with vidoe cause the sound works great when there is no video. Example. before I downloaded codecs for windows media player, the sound worked fine for movies that sounded bad with VLC but I had no video. Now that I have video codecs with other players, the vidoe works great but the sound is the same as it was with VLC.

There is no conflict listed in device manager so..... Any IDeas anyone?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back