Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vetman667966

On my XP Pro, Soyo MB, onboard sound card system, I was having a problem in which while my wife was playing online cards (Spades, Hearts) in MS's Zone, the sound would quit and everything else would continue until she closed the Zone program. I could minimize the Zone, check mail, do anything else (without sound), but when I closed the Zone, I immediately got a BSOD. Research indicated the BSOD was caused by the sound system, specifically the CMI8738/C3DX PCI audio driver. Upgrading/rolling back the driver didn't help. I purchased another PCI sound card with the specific intent of getting a sound driver that didn't use the CMI8738 driver. Guess what, the new card uses the same driver.
Now, under the same Zone program, the sound starts to produce a growling, hissing sound (best I can describe it) that is continious until I close the Zone program; BSOD. The error codes are as follows:
Stop Ox000000C2 (Ox00000007, Ox00000CD4, oxO28e0001, Ox833aa978)
The event log indicates a System Error, Category 102, Event ID 1003
Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks in advance

See if you can find alternative drivers for the card. Sometimes it takes a while to find drivers that function properly. What is the brand and model of the PCI sound card?

I'll have to pull the audio card in the am and check it. I can't find my reciept just now. I have tried any and every driver I can find and none seem to help.
I did run across a mention in the forum yesterday about disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS instead of just in the Device Manager, so I disabled it and haven't had a problem since I did. Holding my breath................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back