Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a new computer:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.04GHz
RAM: 1GB
Audio: Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio
DirectX: 9.0c
Internet: 2.2Mbps

Installed the same software, and it's on the same line, as my old comp (on which there were no problems whatsoever) and now I get chronic skipping and scratching whenever I try to listen to streaming audio - either MP3 or AAC+, at any bandwidth.
Is this a hardware problem or simply a buffering problem? I did adjust the buffering settings on Winamp, to no avail. The same problem occurs with iTunes. All localised audio is fine, it just seems to be internet radio stations that the trouble is with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm dying without WOXY.com!

:(

Test your internet connection, maybe this is the problem.
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Could be the sound card driver too. TBH I have onboard soundmax in one of my PCs and it always skips, I do not bother as I normally use the other PC with X-Fi, both on the same router so it must be card in my case.

Good Luck!

Thanks.
Yeah, I already tested my bandwidth - 1.2Mbps average - and got the latest Realtek driver. But I don't have the luxury of another computer to use:(

However, if I invest in a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or similar, will this solve the problem? It's a bit of a bummer that integrated audio can't cut it, but oh well..

Ok, I just bought a Sound Blaster card, and I still have the same problem! What the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back