Audio streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help!!!!! ive posted this message on similar boards but have had no luck in solving this problem. basically, ive been trying to stream audio from various web sites (undergroundhouse.net and xessentertainment) using realone player. when i click on the link the audio will play for about 15seconds until a message appears which reads communicating 10%, 40% 70% etc. during this 'communicating' period the audio doesnt play and will only resume play after 100%communicating. the audio may then only play for a further 20seconds until the above happens again. obviously i would love to listen to this audio as one continuous stream. are there any settings that i can actually alter in realone players preferences ie in playback settings. i would really appreciate any help with this problem, thanks in advance.

It sounds like it has to continuiously buffer. Streaming media has to do that alot, depending on your connection.

To stop it from buffering the song(s) so much, you'll need a faster connection. What kind of connection are you on now? Because thats about the only way to stop the problem, if thats what your computer is doing anyways....(buffering the media)

Yes --aggasi--, I think that is the problem. It is constantly trying to keep ahead of the music, but can't. This is a common problem on dialup or slow dsl/cable.

thanks!!

thanks for the sound advice (excuse the pun). the modem im running on is only a 56k dial up modem! would you suggest that i purchase a faster dial up modem or switch to broadband connection for the purpose of streaming audio?

Broadband would be your best solution for "fixing" that, though you could also try changing the buffer size if Realplayer One allows that (Haven't got it myself)

Or you could search for a 56k streaming line. They make it so it sounds good on a slower line. But the only problem is that your favorite stream might not be available in something like that.

Just get broadband...once you've had broadband..you'll never go back to dial-up......:grinthumb ...Everything streams so nicely...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back