Audio tracks cut off halfway during burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliah

I use burnaware free edition and all the tracks burnt on the cd were cut off halfway. Is this a software problem or what? They play through in mp3 format though. I use windows vista home basic.

How old, or heavily used, is your burner. This is usually a problem of wear, with alignment, and drive belt.
If your burner has been heavily used it could be worn out after just 7 to 9 months. If it is an HLDS, Sony, or HP and is over a year old, you probably need a new burner.
Suggest Plextor or Yamaha for long life, or LG, Samsung, Pioneer, LiteOn, or NEC among the low priced ones.

it's the burner that came with my inspiron 1420...which is newly bought...about 2 weeks old

I'd be inclined to try some other software before I go blaming the hardware. You can always try other software without too much loss of time and usually no loss of money. Your new 1420 should have come with some burning software installed if it has a burner. Give that a try (probably Roxio which I'm not a fan of, but it might help you determine if you are just having a software problem.)

Dell has the software online for download to your Service Tag. You can delete or disable what you have and try a fresh download... That 1420 VISTA has Sonic Roxio Creator LE VISTA 117725. It works well, though it is not as handy as Nero.
Software is not the cause nearly as often as the drive. Dell will happily send you a new drive after a bit of waste of your time while they run diagnostics online with those folks in Bangalore.
See what it does with burning of other software. Run your own tests reading and burning a number of things with sound tracks. Burn an mp3 disk. Burn a music CD.

Please tell us their response, and how it all turned out in the end.
Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back