Audio Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a Dell Inspiron 1150 for free recently but the audio does not work. It will not let me go to the sound control and when a put a cd in the drive it says an audio driver is not installed. I went to ny sounds folder in the control panel and a sound driver is not in there so i restarted my computer and find out its a SigmaTel 9750. I tried downloading the driver off a couple different sites but it will always give me an error at the end of the download that there wasnt an object or my system os was not right. I have a windows xp pro so I dont know what the deal is. Can someone please help

Mmm strange.

Is the onboard sound enabled in the bios?

There isn`t a separate soundcard installed in the computer?

Check in your device manager and look for any yellow question or exclamation marks next to your audio devices.

Regards Howard :)

No i went to my device manager and there are no sound devices on the list, not even the one for the computer, SIGMATEL STAC 9750 . There are no exclamation marks either.

Go into your bios and make sure the AC97 sound is enabled. It`s probably listed under peripherals, or some such.

Once it`s enabled it should show up in your device manager.

The only other thing I can think of is the soundchip has blown. If that`s the case, then buying a separate sound card is the way to go.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back