Ausus p5e

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing you should do is hunt down a good article on overclocking so you don't destroy your PC and then come back asking what the hell happened :). Then, after you have a solid understanding of what overclocking is, read your motherboard's manual.

A 500MHz overclock is modest enough to be practical in most situations, but, you aren't guaranteed to get any kind of an overclock with your CPU. Some can be pushed an extra GHz, some buckle at a measly 200MHz overclock.

You also need to understand how altering the FSB will effect the rest of the buses in the system, and how FSB:RAM ratios work.

That said, most Asus boards (including yours) come with preset overclocking profiles (5%, 10%, 20% and 30% overclocks), so you don't have to overclock the FSB manually, 1MHz at a time. It is advisable (in your situation) to take advantage of these profiles, starting with the 5% and working your way up after the system's stability is ensured.

Enter the BIOS (via the "Delete" key on my Asus board), go to the "Advanced" tab, enter the "JumperFree Configuration", and you'll see the P5E's overclocking options available to you.

thnx for the reply

i have been there nut i dont no how to change the 3.0 yo 3.5 and the rest in that section just built the computer and i am runnig ddr1200 ram

Yes, and that is why you need to find a good article on overclocking and then read your motherboard's manual. I wasn't suggesting that as a joke, I was serious. You need to understand what you're doing before you start running your components faster than they're rated speeds. You can't just set it from 3000MHz to 3500MHz, there is a delicate process, and you need to take baby steps. You're not going to see a menu that says "Okay, choose this run your CPU at 3500MHz".

Here, I even did the searching for you: AnandTech's overclocking tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back