Auto Install pen drive in Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problem about installing the removable disk (example, pen drive, handy drive, flash drive, etc). I understand that I could download the pen driver from Internet.I wonder whether it's any ways exclude this. Is it possible to auto recognizing when the pen drive is plug-in (Just like Windows ME/XP/2000 to auto recognize pen drive, therefore we don't need to install driver for pen drive)? Is Microsoft release any file to support auto recognize pen drive for Windows 98?

Thank you :grinthumb

since windows 98 is an "obsolete" as in M$ has stopped officially supporting it. You will have to manually download the drivers and install them.....

Furthermore microsoft would not create a special patch for this...

The reason it doesn't auto detect it is because it doesn't have the drivers to support the hardware... hence why you have to download them.

juz curious could this happened if don't download the pen driver and install it just like Windows ME.

thanks.. :approve:

If using Windows 98SE, is it can auto recognize by OS (like Windows ME) without my pen driver from Internet? If possible, could I copy the special file support for auto recognize pen drive's feature from Windows 98SE? Which files I should copy? or is Microsoft release this file for Windows 98 to update the built-in driver file?... :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back