Auto restart, Faulty Motherboard?

Pachupappy

The problem is my pc is auto-restarting 2-3 seconds upon power button, it will restart doing nothing and restarting even in bios.

if I'm lucky and proceed to boot up successfully, it can run up like 3 days long without restarting.

my PC can run for days. but if you turn it off, it'll have the problem again which is auto restart within 2-3 sec.

troubleshoots :
Clean format(windows 7)
breadboarding
replaced PSU 3 times
replaced cmos battery
removed the rams then put it back
memtest
disabled auto restart on system failure(computer>right click>advance system settings)
Bios Update

Specs :
h61m-ds2 r3 Gigagbyte board
4g x 2 Kingston ram
Intel i3 1155
500gb hitachi + 320gb WD HDD
Palit GT 730
generic 600w PSU
cooler master CPU fan

cpu temp 50~60 degree max.

as per my research regarding this problem, It leads to one problem : MOTHERBOARD NOT REGULATING POWER TO CPU. is it?

I need your opinion and feedback guys! I don't know where to run to. Thanks!

Sounds like you have pretty much done it all.

Only a couple of thoughts before you explore a new motherboard...
- remove and reinsert CPU in socket (inspect under bright light and magnification)
- boot from a Ubuntu Live DVD and see if it fails as well (I disconnect my HDD and just run it in 'guest' mode on DVD)

Sounds like you have pretty much done it all.

Only a couple of thoughts before you explore a new motherboard...
- remove and reinsert CPU in socket (inspect under bright light and magnification)
- boot from a Ubuntu Live DVD and see if it fails as well (I disconnect my HDD and just run it in 'guest' mode on DVD)
yes I think I've done the most critical part of the troubleshooting in regards of the problem. I dont have money to buy a new mobo yet XD I'll edit this once done! thanks mate!

Review error logs using EVENTVWR and look in System for 'ERROR' status before jumping to conclusions.
Many system services have recovery option to restart upon failure.

Review error logs using EVENTVWR and look in System for 'ERROR' status before jumping to conclusions.
Many system services have recovery option to restart upon failure.
yes sir I already checked that too. and upon checking, I found out Event ID 10110 (power) which lead me to change my PSU. and poof PSU is not at fault :(

I think you may be right about the motherboard - there is multi-step voltage regulation on (all?) motherboards - zap one regulator chip and the others try to accommodate - causing unpredictable operation - it matches what I think you have said. Your old PSU might have caused that...

Do check BIOS for 'auto restart on error' - some boards have that in addition to the software version for that in Win10.

I think you may be right about the motherboard - there is multi-step voltage regulation on (all?) motherboards - zap one regulator chip and the others try to accommodate - causing unpredictable operation - it matches what I think you have said. Your old PSU might have caused that...

Do check BIOS for 'auto restart on error' - some boards have that in addition to the software version for that in Win10.

unfortunately I don't have that option sir. I'm using windows 7 and a h61m-ds2 r3 Gigagbyte board 2014 bios. well this sucks.

unfortunately I don't have that option sir. I'm using windows 7 and a h61m-ds2 r3 Gigagbyte board 2014 bios. well this sucks.

Amazon or eBay or cyber-monday might lead to locating and purchase of a replacement with a working used board. If you are exploring this kind of purchase for the first time, I would avoid international purchases and I would read description and condition reports very carefully.

Back