Auto restart help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am running Home XP with SP2 on a Sony Vaio RZ32G. Recently I have been seeing the bsod and gotten an auto restart error message. I have attached a few minidumps. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks. Craig

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What is the exact message you get in the bsod?

Take a look HERE for an explanation of Windows stop error messages.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Blue Screen of Death

The infamous white-on-blue text screen which appears when Microsoft Windows crashes. BSOD is mostly seen on the 16-bit systems such as Windows XP, but also on Windows 95 and apparently even under Windows NT 4. It is most likely to be caused by a GPF, although Windows 95 can do it if you've removed a required CD-ROM from the drive. It is often impossible to recover cleanly from a BSOD.
(GPF, or General Protection Fault) An addressing error, caught by the processor's memory protection hardware, that cannot be attributed to any expected condition such as a page fault.
i have had this problem before and i found out it was my ram was no good and in anouther case same thing but alot of dust was inside the system it needed a real good cleaning try cleaning your comp and switching slot or exchange places of your ram if this doent work try replacing your ram
i hope this work for you as i did for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back