Auto Shutdown/Reboot while loading OS

Motherboard: GA-M68MT-S2P
Power supply (including wattage): Thermaltake 450w (TT-450NL2NK)
CPU (processor): AMD Phenom II (Dual Core)
RAM: Patriot G2 Series (1 stick) 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (PG34G1333EL)
Graphics card: GeForce GT610 2GB DDR3
Sound card (if any): (onboard audio)
Operating System: Windows XP Pro Sp3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green (1TB)
New HDD: MediaMax (1TB) WL1000GSA6472

I don't recall making any recent software or hardware changes. Have had several successful shut down and boot ups.
I recently shut my PC down for the night.. and restarted it the next day and while loading the OS The system hangs and then a brief flash of BSOD and quickly reboots. I've tried booting into safe mode, and safe mood with command prompt and each time it hangs and reboots. After reading many possibilities I started trying to trouble shoot. I removed all external USB devices and "extras" leaving only a mouse and keyboard plugged in. and still the problem persists. I've removed the graphics card and enabled the onboard video.. and problem still persists. I've put in my windows xp disk and attempted automated recovery.. but it asks for a floppy disk that I do not have.
So... Thinking that my hard drive had finally bit the dust.. I ordered a new HDD, installed Operating system.. went through entire setup process.. and first boot.. Yep.. same problem. the flash of BSOD is so fast if you blink you will literally miss it.. I pulled out my Digital Camera and Recorded it. played it frame by frame and came up with a pic that I'll attach.
Best I can read is the Stop Code: 0X0000007B (0XBACC3524 , 0XC0000034 , 0X00000000 , 0X0

I've looked it up and it seems like every post I've found is something different with this code..
Any Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
~Asmo

Attachments

• BSOD.jpg
    BSOD.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
So the new Media Max hard drive not the green Seagate fails too? Seagate green? Don't you mean Western Digital green. What is Media Max? Why XP in this day and age? Theres no worst drive produced than the green WD drives... Blue WD comes close though

Last edited:
No I don't mean Western Digital, I meant Seagate.
It is a Seagate Barracuda LP aka Barracuda Green.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148764
I've had it for a few years.. it came with the BareBones system that is all listed above (minus the graphics card)

Media Max is a cheap brand but I figured it had to at least be somewhat decent since newegg.com carries them.

I happen to like XP.

And sorry I didn't get a chance to respond before you edited your post.. Yes I did remove the old hdd before installing the new one.

Windows 7 was released in 2009 and MS is offering Windows 7 and Windows 8 users free upgrades to Windows 10. Are you in the USA?

Yes I'm in the USA. And that's nice of Microsoft to offer free upgrades to windows 10 for win7 and win8 users.. and When I decided to go buy a new operating system, I will keep that in mind.

For the mean time I have been running XP pro on this system, stable, for over 2 years.. So I highly doubt that suddenly my hardware became incompatible with the operating system.

Is there anyone that can provide some actual technical input to this topic other than trying to talk me into upgrading my operating system?

Just a thought, You may have a bad sata port. If possible try another one. The stop codes are pointing to the hard drive, But that could mean a bad sata cable or port to.

Back