Autocheck.exe not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp home edition, when i boot autocheck.exe file not found and then a blue screen pops up: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x000000000)
The system has been shut down.

I tried reinstalling windows xp same thing, tried booting on safe mode same thing

Can't boot the system, please can someone help?

You might have multiple problems. I don't think the autochk.exe not found problem, by itself, typically causes a BSOD. see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913502/en-us

So you need to copy \i386\autochk.exe from your CD to C:\Windows\system32 (assuming your XP is installed on the C: drive letter)

But if you can't even boot.. you might try see [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post] to create a Knoppix CD

Copy the autochk.exe file to a USB flash drive. Boot into Knoppix (you might want to copy/backup all your files and folders at this point). But you can also copy the autochk.exe file from the USB flash while in Knoppix onto your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back