TechSpot

autochk not found skipping autocheck

By sherrybear
Sep 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer was restarting and restarting, so I went into the windows recovery system to fixboot and fixmbr and this warning came up about some things becoming missing or not working after fixing the mbr.....had pop-ups that came on my pc for no reason at all....wasn't even on the internet explorer....when I fixed the mbr i exited and turned on the pc....and the error message autochk not found skipping autocheck came up....and my computer restarts with that error message....now instead of loading everything up and restarting it doesn't load at all....only this error message comes up....I could get into the recovery console....but I don't now what to do now......computer newbie....my dad told me to fix mbr.....but he's not home to consult right now.....help!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Maybe try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

3. sherrybear

sherrybear TS Rookie Topic Starter

windows cannot repair through the repair feature because it says it cannot recognize the partition.....I have two partitions.....I also have a c drive and a d drive and windows is on my c drive.....

I need to repair through the repair console....but I don't know how to do that.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Take a look at this thread HERE, it may help.

Also, HERE`s a link to the Microsoft article on how to use the recovery console.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.