autochk program not found. skipping autocheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjgkam

When I try to boot up, I get the following message:

autochk program not found. skipping autocheck.

It's then follwed by the dreaded bluescreen which says the same thing, along with some other language such as "permanent fatal error". Then the system shuts down and reboots, and goes through the same thing again.

I've read a lot of threads on the same issue. My problem is that I can't get it to boot in safe mode, or from the CD-Rom. So, I can't get any type of recovery disk to boot.

I'm in sales...and my head spins when I read some of the technical stuff here that comes so easy to most of you.

Can anyone try to help me? Please.

I have an IBM ThinkPAd A31P with Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.
Two issues though:
1.) I can't get to safe mode or get the Thinkpad to boot from a CD
2.) I'm on 2000...is it the same fix as XP?
Any help would be deeply appreciated....
Thanks!

If I could just get the laptop to boot from the CD drive, I think I could resolve the issue. I went into the bios mode and set it so that the cd-rom drive would boot first. I can hear it spinning, but then it just goes back to booting the hard drive.
I'm at a loss.

the program itself should be in \windows\system32 and that dir should be in
your %PATH%

jobeard,
I can't get anything to opend though. I can't get it to boot in safe mode or from the cd drive. How can I get to any directories or registries?

Mickzer,
Everything I've read by googling the issue involves getting the machine to load other software or re-installing W2k. My issue is i can't get it to load anything. It won't boot insfe mode and it won't boot from the cd-rom. How can I install anything if I can't get it to boot at all??
Can anyone help??
I'm thinking the only solution is to buy a new hard drive and lose everything on the old one.
Will anything remain in the computers memory from the old drive, or will everything be gone?

get a new hard drive....add windows

and hook up ur old hard drive and take all the stuff u want off of it
clean the old hard drive and keep that for extra space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back