automatic windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGGBoy

I noticed some time ago the yellow shiled that displays in the tray bar when a windows update is available. I moused over it and it said downloading 0%. Before I know it, the shiled is gone. The next time it happened, I went into my automatic update settings and made sure it was set to download updates for me but let me choose when to intall them. That didn't work because that yellow shield appeared again and after some time just disappears. So at this point I am not sure if the download process is crashing or just updating my computer in the background.

Has anybody run across this before? How do I fix it? Thanks in advance for any response.

conrado

thing that concerns me though is that I haven't been prompted at all for some time now to do updates. pretty wierd.

sounds like the UPDATES are set to do the updates when nothing else is happening, my machine is set this way and I never see any thing, which I like, but if I tell it to download the updates and let me pick a time to install I will have to restart...

JUST MY THOUGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back