Autoplay popup window

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

For some unknown reason, I get a popup window called Autoplay in the upper left corner of my monitor at random times. The Green loading bar is going across at a high speed like something is loading or playing.???? I have checked the Task Manager and found nothing running during that time. It only lasts about 10 to 15 seconds and then disappears. I haven't installed any new software or hardware lately. I have tried the Autoplay Fix Wizard and that didn't help either. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Autoplay

Thanks hopkinso for the link. I have downloaded and have it at the ready with a shortcut in my Quick Launch bar to launch it when this Autoplay popup comes ON. Thanks again.

Do you have a USB hard drive or something similar plugged into your PC? It could happen when your PC comes out of stand-by and re-mounts your hard drive.

Next time it does it, let it run through and when it finishes it should give you a few "AutoPlay" options. It will also tell you what device it is.

OK. I want to thank both Howard & mikescorpio81. Both of you help solve my problem. Howard for the link and mikescorpio81 for reminding me that I did recently installed a 19 to 1 multi-card reader which I deactivated the Autoplay feature for it, using TweakUI, and my problem has not reared it's ugly head since. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back