AV Security Suite Infection, can't complete 8-step prelim process

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop has been infected with AV Security Suite. I've had experience with these rogue programs before and have successfully removed them from other computers.

I'm have trouble with my laptop though, because I can't boot into safe mode - with networking, without networking, command prompt, neither of them work. But I can boot normally and the security alerts continue popping up on the desktop.

I tried looking for answers on how to boot into safe mode:
- boot.ini through system configuration utility just put my comp into a boot cycle, that i finally solved with the help of knoppix
- BootSafe program, which won't execute anyway, even when extension is renamed to .com.

I tried getting into the registry to delete the associated files manually, but it won't even open. From what I know, I need to get on safe mode to run MBAM and clear my system. But no programs run, and no internet browsers work, so I can't download half of the things needed in the 8-step preliminary process either. PLEASE HELP!

Best you stay out of the Registry. And no, you do not run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode. What can you do? IF you can boot into Normal mode, do as much of this as you can- all in Normal Mode:

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

If necessary, you can download the programs to a flash drive, then install and run on the problem computer.

Thanks, Bobbye, but I got the problem resolved.

So for anyone who has the same problem, use this link: Link has been removed.Unknown site.

I followed the AV Security Suite Manual Removal Procedures.

I had a problem stopping the process at first, because AV was blocking my task manager, so I went here and downloaded PROCESS EXPLORER, renaming it to iexplore.exe:
Link removed. Unknown site.

Edit: I have removed the links. We prefer you not direct members to other sites for malware removal. This forum is for virus and malware removal. Had you followed the preliminary steps and any other directions we gave you, most likely we could have resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back