Avast anti virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray B

can someone who has run avast anti virus lately tell me
how long it took for a thorough scan,
did you scan both C and D drives,
what will come up once scan has completed,

Well it really depends on the size of the HDs & your files. I have like 1 terabyte on my desktop which is about...80 - 90% full... it takes a few days on thorough. And most of the time the time the scan(s) comes out clean.

OK, Please, someone help me here.

Avast finished scanning and a list of 118 items came up that couldnt be scanned. I did some research and couldnt come up with anything, other than its normal for some items to be unable to be scanned. My question is do I just close it, put them in the chest or what???
Please, help me out as I am very tired and am getting very frustrated.

Thanks in advance

Ray

I have Avast on my old Dell 98SE machine. I ran a scan earlier this week and a group of files were unable to be scanned. They were some protected files in Adaware, the anti-spyware program. I did nothing with those files. I just closed Avast and that was that.

Sorry, but without knowing what those files are, I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for.

thanks, but after spending some time on line looking for some help, I came up with the same conclusion as you did, i just closed it.

there were a couple in there that said spyware, but since everything I saw said it was protected, so I just closed it.

Thanks, I appreciate your time and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back