By Ray B
Nov 2, 2006
  1. can someone who has run avast anti virus lately tell me
    how long it took for a thorough scan,
    did you scan both C and D drives,
    what will come up once scan has completed,
  2. N-Guy

N-Guy TS Rookie Posts: 105

Well it really depends on the size of the HDs & your files. I have like 1 terabyte on my desktop which is about...80 - 90% full... it takes a few days on thorough. And most of the time the time the scan(s) comes out clean.
  3. Ray B

Ray B TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

OK, Please, someone help me here.

Avast finished scanning and a list of 118 items came up that couldnt be scanned. I did some research and couldnt come up with anything, other than its normal for some items to be unable to be scanned. My question is do I just close it, put them in the chest or what???
    Please, help me out as I am very tired and am getting very frustrated.

Thanks in advance

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I have Avast on my old Dell 98SE machine. I ran a scan earlier this week and a group of files were unable to be scanned. They were some protected files in Adaware, the anti-spyware program. I did nothing with those files. I just closed Avast and that was that.

Sorry, but without knowing what those files are, I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for.
  5. Ray B

Ray B TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

thanks, but after spending some time on line looking for some help, I came up with the same conclusion as you did, i just closed it.

there were a couple in there that said spyware, but since everything I saw said it was protected, so I just closed it.

Thanks, I appreciate your time and help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.