Avast boot time scan / activate windows

learninmypc

I know this computer is activated & I've done a boot time scan before, so I'd like to know why it'd tell me to activate it after the scan it rebooted & once back to the desktop it said that.
Tha notice was above the notification area & to the best of my memory it said "Activate Windows, Go to Settings.. I went to settings but saw no where to activate it

Funny you mentioned that, there were 3 instances of corrupt files shown in the scan but I can't find the screen shot I had :(.

@Cobalt006 would it be worth it to run another boot time scan to post the corrupt files? I did "try" to follow the one path (GoogleEarth) but it didn't work.

Is your computer still saying its not activated? If so a system restore point to a earlier time may be the best option.

The problem file belongs to google earth. Try uninstalling google earth. Then reinstalling it. This is not a system file. For windows. So I doubt windows can repair it.

Just noticed File C:\ Windows\installer\cf7194.msi|>Data1.cab|>_BF263966C26F491AA6BDA8CB4F222D54
Can't get rest, it finished & rebooted.

I think I did it correctly
SFC SCANNOW.JPG
& now before I get too tired & mess up, its zzzz time :) I'll read your results/reply in the morning :) thank you :)

I can see you put too many spaces . When you typed the command. Type it like this. scf /SCANNOW See if this gets it into a scan.

Sorry for getting back to so late. Was busy today.

Good means your system files are fine. Did you try the disms commands post on the web site. This also help with windows store.

Last edited:
Didn't know if I should start a new thread or not, so here goes.
A few days ago I did another boot time scan & it again showed the google corrupt file so I decided to uninstall Google Earth & run the boot time scan again. Using revo I uninstalled Google Earth & re did the scan & it went fine so I saw the Google Earth icon in my systen tray although I NEVER reinstalled it & it works. How can a program work that REVO uninstalled?? I spell it "weird".

Sure you do not have a older version of google earth still installed. Also quick note revo does not always get the whole program. If you are using the free version.

Last edited:
I have google earth & Google earth Pro on here. In revo I clicked on the blue icon. Gray is the Pro one.
I've always used revo in advanced mode & have not had problems removing the entire program.Of course, being a human, I'm not perfect :)

Back