Avast pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin_ds3000

im using Avast pro for my anti-virus but i feel like its not doing its job. can someone tell me about some better programs

Are you saying viruses are getting past Avast ? :)

AVG is Techspot`s standard recommendation.

The fact is,the best security program, is in your own head.

If you careful with attachments,and downloads,and you use Firefox or Opera

the Anti Virus should be fairly redundant.

dustin_ds3000 said:
im using Avast pro for my anti-virus but i feel like its not doing its job. can someone tell me about some better programs

What Po'Girl asks: "Are you saying viruses are getting past Avast ?"

Why do you feel it is not doing it's job? I'd really like to know because I installed their free version on my daughter's laptop and I was amazed at what their free version offers. But I am always open to new information, so I would really like to know your concerns with this software.

Kaspersky and NOD32 both cost money and are well worth it. Kaspersky's detection and update rates are outstanding. I personally run NOD32 and really like it. I have been running it for over a year and it updates 3 to 4 times a day, is low in its demand for system resources, and I haven't been infected once. The only thing with NOD32 is that you need to do quite a bit of configuration.

Check out Avast's forum and post your concerns there. I have found the members there to be helpful and friendly.

i been using avast for years. i install vista about a month ago and ever since then avast is telling a virus is in windows. it wont delete it.

I had a similar problem. It seems Avast has problems deleting some files. I think Avast is good when everything is working but once you get infected the software seems to be useless. Only my opinion!!!

I use Kaspersky as my anti-virus program. I am pleased of how it's working, even I am not really sure if it detects all the viruses. It updates regularly, it doesn't take lot of PC resources and has a lot of utilities from anti-virus itself to anti-span and firewall.

Alex.A said:
I use Kaspersky as my anti-virus program. I am pleased of how it's working, even I am not really sure if it detects all the viruses. It updates regularly, it doesn't take lot of PC resources and has a lot of utilities from anti-virus itself to anti-span and firewall.

But Kaspersky isn't ready for Vista yet (though it is a fantastic Anti virus).

Dustin, I suggest going to the Avast Forums and let them know 1) of your issue and 2) what is Avast doing about it. It helps the consumers very much when a user like yourself can point out problems because either a) Avast will work on it of b) they won't and thus you can jettison, but since you paid for it I'd want to see if I can make it work first.

it sent ALWIL Software an email about it and they said thy are working on a program update that should fix it. so i go to wait until the update comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back