Avast problem

By vineet
Dec 30, 2007
  1. hey guys

i love avast and had it on my desktop ... i have now upgraded to a laptop and when on a standby .. or say i dont use my laptop for sometime the laptop just hangs and has to be restarted .. i had norton before and it worked fine .. this started after i insatlled avast ..anyone has any solutions??
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Which version of windows?
  3. vineet

vineet TS Rookie Topic Starter

windows XP....
  4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management ->double click Event viewer

Look at the events in last 24 hours, does it show any errors, if so -> expand the error tree and scroll down to find which error occured in that time frame

then post the event id here
  5. vineet

vineet TS Rookie Topic Starter

event id

hey ... the problem is just getting worse and worse

i tried to figure out an error whenever it got hung up and the most comman event error was eventid 8007....

some of the other event id (information ) were 7035 and 7036

i hope this was helpfulll!!..
  6. kerz

kerz TS Rookie Posts: 20

You said that you had Norton installed before ...
    I use Avast on a Professional level and I know the program pretty good. This doesn’t really sound like it would be Avast but anything is possible. The first thing I would do is to download the Norton uninstall \ removal tool. Then uninstall Avast.
    Restart your PC and Run the Norton removal tool. Restart the PC again then see if you can get your PC to hang. If it doesn’t do it, then reinstall Avast. Try to make your PC hang again.
    If your PC hangs without Avast installed then you know that it’s not Avast that’s causing the error.
    Keep this in mind, If you keep your laptop up to date with Microsoft, some updates \ patches can fix issues but can cause different problems on your system making it look like its related to something else .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.