TechSpot

Average of 57 FPS but still a problem

By OneZ
Oct 30, 2006
  1. i'm getting an average of 57FPS when i'm playing Oblivion but still have freezes, each freeze last for about 1 sec or less but it happen frequently and it's so annoying, do u think it's a compatibility issue...
    thanx....

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

You are running a very graphic intense game, remember. How often does this happen? What are your system specs?

3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

How much RAM do you have? What type is it (DDR or DDR2)?

4. OneZ

OneZ TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 66

It happens all the time...a freeze each 8-15 seconds..
    My system spec:
    AMD X2 Dual Core 3800+
    7600GT In SLI
    2GB of Ram ( DDR )....
    it happens with or without the SLI....
    Thanx....

5. wolfram

You have a pretty good machine. Are you running it at high resolution? Too much AA & AF probably?

6. OneZ

OneZ TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 66

I play it @ 1024*768....but i think with two 7600GT i should have no problems even with higher resolution and AA.....

7. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

It sounds like loading pauses. The following is taken from the Oblivion guide at Tweakguides.com.

"One of the best things to do whenever you enter a new area, or load up a save game, is to do a quick 360 degree turn around on the spot, as this will load much of the data before you start moving."

8. wolfram

I know that two 7600GTs in SLI mode should be good, but Oblivion is a very demanding game. On high settings, it can make a X1950XTX cry.

Try lowering a bit AA and AF a little.

Regards :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.