Average of 57 FPS but still a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneZ

i'm getting an average of 57FPS when i'm playing Oblivion but still have freezes, each freeze last for about 1 sec or less but it happen frequently and it's so annoying, do u think it's a compatibility issue...
thanx....

OneZ said:
i'm getting an average of 57FPS when i'm playing Oblivion but still have freezes, each freeze last for about 1 sec or less but it happen frequently and it's so annoying, do u think it's a compatibility issue...
thanx....

You are running a very graphic intense game, remember. How often does this happen? What are your system specs?

It happens all the time...a freeze each 8-15 seconds..
My system spec:
AMD X2 Dual Core 3800+
7600GT In SLI
2GB of Ram ( DDR )....
it happens with or without the SLI....
Thanx....

You have a pretty good machine. Are you running it at high resolution? Too much AA & AF probably?

I play it @ 1024*768....but i think with two 7600GT i should have no problems even with higher resolution and AA.....

It sounds like loading pauses. The following is taken from the Oblivion guide at Tweakguides.com.

"One of the best things to do whenever you enter a new area, or load up a save game, is to do a quick 360 degree turn around on the spot, as this will load much of the data before you start moving."

I know that two 7600GTs in SLI mode should be good, but Oblivion is a very demanding game. On high settings, it can make a X1950XTX cry.

Try lowering a bit AA and AF a little.

Regards :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back