Avg anti root kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillykiller316

when i run a scan wiyh avg anti root kit it finds hidden driver c:windows\system32\drivers\akn4k6en.sys ,i remove with avg but when i boot up it comes back,any ideas guys?

its called c:\windows\system31\drivers\agdx15gt.sys do you think if i delete drivers boot back up let windows find new drivers it will get rid? it also says its a hidden driver

The fact that the path is "c:\windows\system31\drivers\agdx15gt.sys" shows that it's malware and/or just not supposed to be there. By default, Windows has c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system32 directories. I would delete the system31 directory and all it's contents (assuming that windows\system and windows\system32 still exist!). IE, it may have renamed them. Don't forget to empty your recycle bin or even better, hold down the shift key when you delete it. Then reboot and see if it's recreated.

Are you sure you followed all the instructions here, beginning to end? https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back