TechSpot

AVG detected trojan SHeur.ETG + changed host

By joanp
Aug 7, 2007
  1. AVG identified trojan SHeur.ETG today. I can't find anything about the trojan with this particular extension anywhere. Other SHeur trojans similarly detected during a Google updater download have been called "false positive."

AVG also finds change to Host but then listed it as "changed." I do not understand this.

This hard drive was reformatted just last week, and these messages appear as I was just resuming business as usual. Thanks you for your advice!!

2. joanp

joanp TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

All scans completed and are clean.
    I deleted the reported trojan SHeur.ETG from the AVG virus vault.

Spybot, which offers to create registry backup froze every time I tried and the computer kept running at 100% whenever I tried. (I tried to redownload a couple of times and ran into the same problem 5x). Is this a meaningful glitch?

Virtumundo was ok but log noted WARNING BHO has no default name. What does this mean?

This morning's AVG scan was clean, but I still do not understand what it means that the file Host was changed. That path listed as c:\WINDOWS/system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

HijackThis log, as well as AGV Antispyware and Virtumondo reports attached.

Thanks so much helping me to interpret all of this!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.