AVG detected Virus on my Wireless Laptops and Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbrb46

For the past month AVG Antivirus Software alerted me of a virus when I go to one particular web site that I use often. The problem surfaced on both of my wireless laptops and my old desktop. I just replaced my desktop with a new system with Vista. The virus is in my documents and settings string with a virus name JS/Psyme.MZ and MX. Another virus is Exploit.
This is the file address for one of the viruses--Documents and Settings\my name\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q6HY5lV8\mchahockey-com[2].htm. Backup copy infected. How can I get rid of the viruses short of complete reformat? Not sure where the Exploit virus entered the computer. Any help will be appreciated.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Jason :)

This thread is for the use of tcbrb46 ONLY. Please do NOT post your own virus/spyware problems into this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I reformatted my hard drive on my laptop. I just replaced my desktop. When I clicked into the site that brought up the virus detection in Avg on my laptop Norton stopped a downloader on my desktop. Was the downloader part of the virus that ended up on my laptop?

What is the site, and what is the full name of the downloader file? Please provide as much details as possible.

Regards,
momok

The website is mchahockey.com. About the time I noticed a little difference in logging in I heard of other people having problems. Here is the log in address i found in Norton Antivirus that was blocked.

C:\Users\dogs\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\termporaryinternetfiles\low\content.IE5\HM9ZM414\mchahockey_com[1].htm

This changes (HM9ZM414) each time you log in to different letters and numbers.

dogs in the downloader file is not the real word. Let me know if you need the exact word. Not sure if this gives my address away?

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back