avg detects my exe files as virus. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my exe files (not all of them, yet. but included are excel, visual boy, winamp, bookworm deluxe... etc) are being detected with "trojan dropper generic ipj" and then disabled by avg. im losing my exe files. please help. ....( i think it started when one of my co-users tried to open an e-card from an unknown source, well, she doesn't know much about viruses, then copied it on the desktop.... the rest is history, including my files...)

Hi

Very Important: Malware infections can possibly lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to please read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

In any case, I would recommend a full format whether you wish to clean or not. This is because you have been infected with malware that writes malicious code on executable files on your system.

There is no way of knowing which file will be infected next and since several of your programs already unusable, a full format is recommended.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of paintbutterfly only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back