AVG Free Edition 7.5

By Chelsie
Nov 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AVG came out with a new update, AVG 7.5. Now, I've tried to download it around 4 times but it wont let me. I click repair instillation and then it goes through a bit and then I get this: Local machine: installation failed
    Installation:
    Error: Action failed for file avgamsvr.exe: stopping service....
    Service Avg7Alrt failed to progress during stopping at checpoint 5 (wait hint 1100 ms) in 81177 ms.

I dont know if I should just un-install it all together and re-install, so thats what I'm going to try next. But any help would be appreciated.

Well, it wont even let me un-install. I get another error that says Local machine: installation failed
    Installation:
    Error: Action failed for file avgamsvr.exe: stopping service....
    Service Avg7Alrt failed to progress during stopping at checpoint 5 (wait hint 1100 ms) in 81137 ms.

I have no idea whats going on but help would be wonderful! Thanks
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Sounds like a corrupted download to me. I suggest you do a system restore to before you tried to install the latest version.

Then, download the new version again, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :)
  3. Chelsie

Chelsie Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 104

I figured it out.
    My machine version files werent updated so it wasnt letting me update the AVG. I updated my machine version files so it let me and now its all fine.
    Thanks for replying =]
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.