AVG or SuperAntiSpyware (Paid Versions)

By JustJay420
Feb 25, 2008
  1. I currently have AVG AntiSpyware Plus (paid version) and I'm wondering if I should make the switch to SuperAntiSpyware's Pro version. I plan to keep both for on-demand scanning but does anybody know if one is has a better paid version than the other and how their real time detection matches up.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits and many other types of threats.

Real-Time Blocking of threats! Prevent potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing!

AVG Anti-Spyware
    Automatic threat handling — AVG can automatically clean infected files and remove other threats such as trojans, dialers, hijackers, spyware, and keyloggers. Suspicious files can be safely moved into quarantine.

Hmm AVG Anti-Spyware, does not say protection from Rootkits.
    Maybe "Plus" does this, I'm not sure.
  3. JustJay420

JustJay420 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

Since AVG offers a seperate application for rootkits I'm gonna assume that the rootkit protection isn't in their Anti-Spyware. But that post made it easy an easy decision for me. Looks like I'm switching to SuperAntiSpyware, Thanx

After trying SuperAntiSpyware I dont think the real time protection is better than AVG Antispyware. The service slows my browsing and when I uninstalled it didnt remove everything. Had to clean my registry to get everything off, makes me kinda iffy about the software. After I scanned one last time with SuperAntiSpyware and got clean results, I switched back to AVG and ran my various anti spyware programs in safe mode and found quite a few mild infections, AVG found three of them. Im sticking with AVG's anti spyware cuz I can trust them more
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.