AVG or SuperAntiSpyware (Paid Versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

I currently have AVG AntiSpyware Plus (paid version) and I'm wondering if I should make the switch to SuperAntiSpyware's Pro version. I plan to keep both for on-demand scanning but does anybody know if one is has a better paid version than the other and how their real time detection matches up.

SUPERAntiSpyware
Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits and many other types of threats.

Real-Time Blocking of threats! Prevent potentially harmful software from installing or re-installing!

AVG Anti-Spyware
Automatic threat handling — AVG can automatically clean infected files and remove other threats such as trojans, dialers, hijackers, spyware, and keyloggers. Suspicious files can be safely moved into quarantine.

Hmm AVG Anti-Spyware, does not say protection from Rootkits.
Maybe "Plus" does this, I'm not sure.

Since AVG offers a seperate application for rootkits I'm gonna assume that the rootkit protection isn't in their Anti-Spyware. But that post made it easy an easy decision for me. Looks like I'm switching to SuperAntiSpyware, Thanx

update:
After trying SuperAntiSpyware I dont think the real time protection is better than AVG Antispyware. The service slows my browsing and when I uninstalled it didnt remove everything. Had to clean my registry to get everything off, makes me kinda iffy about the software. After I scanned one last time with SuperAntiSpyware and got clean results, I switched back to AVG and ran my various anti spyware programs in safe mode and found quite a few mild infections, AVG found three of them. Im sticking with AVG's anti spyware cuz I can trust them more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back