AVG !update.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am continually getting popups with no success in removing them. I have done all of your preliminary removal instructions and here are my logs. Please help! Thanks!

I noticed that in several of your posts you also ask for combo fix results.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You haven`t posted a Combofix log. Please do so in your next reply.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ngtlk.dll

Then, do the following.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
?dobe<Not to be confused with Adobe. The ?mark can be any random letter/number etc.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

nopdb.exe
ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {10E7A861-69A6-3D2D-A549-1EE338E8FDCC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ngtlk.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Toebn] "C:\Program Files\?dobe\nopdb.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aida] "C:\WINDOWS\YSTEM3~1\explorer.exe" -vt ndrv

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {230C3D02-DA27-11D2-8612-00A0C93EEA3C} (SAXFile FileUpload ActiveX Control) - http://www.winkflash.com/photo/loaders/SAXFile.cab

O16 - DPF: {288C5F13-7E52-4ADA-A32E-F5BF9D125F99} (CR64Loader Object) - http://www.miniclip.com/supergerball/miniclipGameLoader.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\YSTEM3~1<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\?dobe<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as a Combofix log. Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jgbodog only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are the results

I have done everything suggested and here are the results.

AVG anti root kit found nothing.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jgbodog only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back