AVG vs Kasperspy

Avg or Kasperspy FTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

So I've been using AVG free ed for a while now with no probs, but I got Kasperspy bundled with my motherboard and was wondering if I should change over. Give us your ideas fellas!

Korrupt

Kaspersky is just about the best antivirus programme around and that`s why I voted for it.

Obviously, AVG free is completely free, while kaspersky is not.

If I was ever to buy an antivirus programme, Kaspersky would be the one I`d choose.

However, like you, I`ve been running AVG free for a long time and never had any problems. I therefore intend to stick with it for the forseeable future.

On a side note, AVG free has just been updated from version 7.1 to 7.5. You can get it HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Same reasons as Howard. Kaspersky is supposed to be one of the best, but costs like $40. AVG free has worked fine for me. Thanks for the link Howard, I'll be updating when I get home tonight!:)

Antivirus

I remember reading a review of antivirus software at pworld.com where they talked about the responce time for diffrent antivirus providers in updating their anti virus definiations and Kaspersky was rated very high. Not sure about AVG free. Virus can pop up and spread very quickly and I would think that the sooner virus deffinitions are udated the better. Of course there are several other facters to consider. I personally use the CA antivirus supplied by my ISP because it is free and I have it installed on several machines.

By all means, give Kaspersky a try. Just be aware that the subcription may be limited, so you may have to pay at some point in order to update it.

Regards Howard :)

I've been using Kaspersky now for over a year and am very happy with it. It's only caught something one time, but I don't really go anywhere that I feel I'd be very likely to catch a virus. One thing I think is also a positive, is they update virus definitions very often, like every few hours, so you should always be able to have the latest updates available soonest. I use Kaspersky Antivirus and Antihacker and am very happy and will continue to use it.

I can also say, I used AVG for a long time before Kaspersky and didn't have any problems with it though, I just wanted what most all reviews say is the best, so I went with Kaspersky.

Edit: You can download a trial version and see how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back