TechSpot

AVI conversion and burning error

By khennirad
Nov 24, 2006
  1. I can't convert an AVI file to DVD format (tried winavi, dvdsanta) so I can burn it. I can't even burn the AVI straight to a cd, but it plays just fine from the hard drive. Any ideas? Thanks much.

Khennirad

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Depends on what you are burning is for... because if you're burning a movie from Crapwire ( limewire :haha: ) then using it to burn movies to a DVD I wont tell you

3. khennirad

khennirad TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm putting together a compilation of stuff I got through email but I can't convert a few of them. ???

4. TimeParadoX

So you cant convert to .WMV ( windows media file )?

If you can then you can just get to .wmv and convert it to something else, plus .avi take up way too much space on the computer so eh...

5. khennirad

Nope, just tried. I get the 'this program has encountered an error and must close' message.

6. khennirad

Can't do anything but cut, paste or play it. I don't get it.

7. TimeParadoX

Hmm... do you have the default windows movie editor ( dont remember name because I delete that crap along time ago and got Vegas 6.0 :haha: ) if you do you can just add the .avi to that and convert it to a DVD format and put it onto a DVD-cd

8. khennirad

I'm not using an editor. just converting avi's to burn later.

9. TimeParadoX

Yes I know, you can covert using a video editor so you can have a lesser space file to hold on a DVD instead of using the crapware you get on websites

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.