TechSpot

Awesome 3DFX Voodoo 3/4/5 drivers for Windows XP here.

By Rick
Feb 22, 2002
  1. This driver has been the most absolute stable and complete driver set I have ever used. It rivals the original 3Dfx drivers in my opinion...

I don't have any hard evidence for speed, but they run considerably fast (Just as fast, if not faster than any other drivers I've tried). The big thing here is stability though. (Tribes 2 actually runs.. LoL)

Full OpenGL support (No crashes so far! This has been a big thing for me), excellent Direct 3D stability and Glide works fine so far. I haven't had much of a chance to try out Glide aside from UT and Diablo 2 though.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/5908

Keep in mind I have only used this driver on the Voodoo3 3000AGP, so I can't vouch for the drvier's quality on the 4000 and 5000. I urge you to try this driver if you experiencing any problems. I firmly believe in the motto "If ain't broke, don't fix it".. But I sure don't live by it. ;) So feel free to try this driver set out and reply with your experiences. I'm curious if anyone has found anything better.

2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

VOODOO LIVES!!!

She's Alive, She's Alive I tell you!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.