Awesome Cooling lol

By MoMo1988
Apr 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been trying to find a way to cool my computer better since my processor is HOT. So I opened up the side panel and put a 8in fan down there and set it on high, my computer runs 5-10C cooler. Lol fricken annoying thou....
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

There are quieter ways of cooling CPU's MoMo1988... :) I hate fan noise :mad:
  3. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

find the cause of the heat:

is it dusty?
    inadequate case cooling?
    inadequate CPU-HSF?

How hot are we talking about? can you provide us with some asus probe/speedfan/everest readings on idle and load temps?
  4. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

If you are still using the cpu fan that came with the ASRock, you will benefit from buying an upgrade... only $15 to $25... Cooler Master, Zalman, or one recommended by the computer store.
    Also, check the install of thermal paste between the fan and the CPU...
  5. MoMo1988

MoMo1988 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 93

I have bought an aftermarket but i think i was tricked, they said the low profile spire copper heatsink would do the trick it cooled it a little bit not much though. And i've tried differents amount of thermal paste. SO i've been saving up for liquid cooling. like 140 bucks or so and i almost have it.
  6. RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles Newcomer, in training Posts: 108

You should just go with a Zalman all copper headsink and arctic silver 5, That lowered my cpu by like 15 celcius.
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

You could always go my route, check out my pics in the galory, posted my idle and ful load temps
  8. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 Newcomer, in training Posts: 351

Hehe, I already tried the big fan thing here. It did actually work...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.