Azureus and Wireless Connection Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

I live in a house where there are two other computers, my computer is far enough away that I needed to get a wireless router and adapter. I have the TrendNet Wireless 54 G router with the accompanying USB adapter. Most of the time I don't have too many issues but whenever I'm using Azureus and the download speed picks up and goes over 200kB/s my connection, after a while, seems to completely cut out and cannot be repaired unless I restart. This is becoming quite the issue and I cannot seem to fix it. I've tried using the plugin "Auto Speed" but that doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know of a solution or could you point me in the direction of somewhere where this issue has been dealt with? Thanks a lot.

I can point you a couple directions, my friend. Of course make sure you always have the latest drivers, and that there are no Known Issues. You seem sure that Azureus is causing the problem. That don't surprise me because it caused problems for me too, but i didn't use it or become fond of it. If your not picky about the torrent client, i would recommend uTorrent. uTorrent, in my opinion, is the best and most efficient torrent client that has more options, bells, and whistles than any other client I've ever seen. And also, the exe size is the smallest I've ever seen. This means the program was written very efficiently.

http://www.uTorrent.com

If you can't pinpoint the problem to Azureus, then it's probably a hardware or driver issue.

Alright, thanks. I was actually thinking of switching clients. I'll see how uTorrent works for me. Thanks for the advice.

I have the same problem with my Trendnet wireless USB adapter too. I finally went out and bought a PCI adapter instead and voila, my probelm is solved. However I am still in contact with Trendnet's tech support to resolve the wirelss issue. I want to be able to use the wireless adapter on my other computer. I will post again once I got the answer to our problem.

Torrent downloads of any flavor will stress a router and wireless connection to
the limit,
and if the firmware updates do not correct problems -- your just out of luck.

jOBEARD is correct in saying that.. Router would have to be heavy duty type. These cheap one you see just can't handle the stress. Wireless Router forget it.

Advise - build a PC for DWL and don't use it for anything else. Max the connection features using TCPOptimizer depending on our ISP speed connection claims. Get a wired Router if you're in the USA go to Best Buy and get the Dynex E401 it cost $39 bucks. Those can handle all type of traffic, it was made for quick/fast gaming open connections and VPN tunneling. It has UnUp feature too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back