Azureus Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

izx2

:blackeye: Hey! I use Azureus to download anime and I just want to know how to download files. I MEAN I know how to download files, but I want to know how you can download files one by one and not by pieces. I download batch files, so it would be good if files included in the torrent download to 100% and go on to the next one. Not by pieces! Pieces as in, 20% for one file and 30% for another, all simaltaneously downloading at the same time! It's annoying. I don't know why people don't do that!
Example:
FILE 1 = 100%
FILE 2 = 90%
FILE 3 = 0%
Let's say file 1 finished and now it's on file 2. While number 3 is not even started.

You'll need to change your downloader, if that's what you want. www.stardownloader.com
You'll then also need to find the files 1, 2 3 etc. to D/L individually.

The idea of torrents is to D/L simultaneously from as many different sources as possible, so as not to stress anyone's bandwidth.

set priority

You can double click the torrent that opens a more detailed look into the file. Each file can then be set a priority (right click) - high, normal or 'do not download'. A number of files can be highlighted by ctrl or shift key. Little point if its an avi file that been RARed as you won't be able to watch it until most files have downloaded anyway! More useful if a series is available and you want to download in order.

So, is it possible to put all the files in the torrent to "High" prority, which will download the files fully and go on to the next one?

izx2, perhaps its possible to do it that way.

BUT, torrents by their vary nature work against that. They are designed to get only parts of the whole at any given time in an order specified by the amount of people that have that segment. Stuff that only a few people have will be downloaded to your comp higher/more often/whatever than a part of the file that a majority of the people connected have. That is the beauty of torrents. If you can't deal with that go back to your lame p2p client like kazaa.

One reason, I never tried and will never try P2P clients like Kazaa is adware and I dont trust it. I know BitTorrent is reliable and good. Just for this specific torrent, I wanted to know if I can do this because it deals with what I'm downloading. It is about 8 GB of anime and i wanted to see the first few because i couldnt resist. I just wanted to know, and your last line was a lil offensive. (to SNG1275)

You're good just to use the priority system but you'll manually have to change each episode to high priority once the previous episode has downloaded.

not to sure but can't you change the number of piece's
if the file is a wmv file or mpg file sometimes I can stop and rename the uncomplete file and it will play
I quit using all P2P's ,I find most people are self centered and once they get the file they log off and your stuck with useless dwnld
I guess its your perceptive of spending time or money to get the data
back to torrent setup ,you could set it to do 1 connection then you get one piece???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back