Back to BSOD (one year later...)

Poldian

Hi,
I started having BSOD problems about one years ago. The strange thing is that I have cyclic behaviour: one or two weeks of complete disaster, then 3-4 months quite still, then again disasters and then agin a quiet period, cyclic...

You can find my first thread here (https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-problems.223826/#post-1543576). But if you want I'll try to summarize.
// Optional, my pc story
5-years old Samsung laptop (700 z3a, i5 2nd gen, 6GB ram, ati 6490). I never knew the real issue, becuase I had never been able to get a minidump file to analize, though I spend a long time to set everyting in the correct way... I found that opening the case and cleaning dust gave me almost 4 month of peace, but then again bsod. And again no minidump, and again the cleang (thogh this time the was literally no dust inside) gave me some quite months.
//

Now here we are again, but with a good news: I have two minidums!!! On is of 21/dec and one is very fresh 9/jan. So I decided to ask for your help once again, and if somone can help I will be very gratefull!!!

I'm uploading the WhoCrashed report and the two minidump files for those intrested in this analisys!

Thanks a lot to everybody!

Attachments

• Crash.png
    Crash.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidumps.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21: probably overheating - time to remove, clean and replace with new thermal paste both cpu and gpu - best advice: look for youtube video covering the cleaning for your specific model (be sure you thoroughly clean out under fan shroud - I use a piece of cardboard with holes punched to organize all the screws)

Jan 9: hiber_iaStor.sys - something messed up as you were entering or leaving hibernation/sleep - per John Carrona (carrona.org) "Driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation. I suspect that these are generated for crashes that occur during hibernation/sleep transitions." If you locate the file, properties may help you identify an update or upgrade.

Dec 21: ok I'll open it again and clean. I really don't know what thermal paste is, but I'll ask Google!

Jan 9: can't understand what you're suggesting... Locate hiber_iaStor.sys, try to find an update... Is it right? How could iI find an update?

Well tanks a lot for helping me!

Locate hiber_iaStor.sys, try to find an update

It is a file on your system. Using file explorer go to C: drive. Use search. Locate file. Go to location and right click to read 'properties'. Information should help identify who made the file...and maybe they have an update...do not download except from maker or well known source (Microsoft, ATI, AMD, nVidia, etc)..I think you may find that the file is from Intel and relates to an Intel storage device...is there one on your machine?

Well, I really could NOT find that file. Really anywhere. But from what you said and reading online I found it might be realated to "Intel Rapid Storage...", so I updated it (non at the last version because it didn't worked, but to the latest I could...).

Let's see if it changes something...

PS: any suggestion on how to locate that file?

Clueless...how can you replace what you cannot find? Do you have an Intel device (like an SSD)? Could there be a setup or driver for that? My thought is identify device and then locate files from maker.

Hi. I waited a bit to replay to see what was going on. About 10 days ago I update Intel Rapid Storage Service (because it seemed the only Intel software/driver I had) and till now it has all been quit. It seems it's ok for the moment... Hope I will not be back here in 4 months as happened the previous times...

Thanks a lot Cycloid!

Back