TechSpot

Back up's and Suppressors

By boeingfixer
Mar 18, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Back up's and Suppressors What you should Know

Hey all,

I am going to replace my power strip and back-up soon. I have not done this in 5 years and my back-up will not suppy any power to the pc in case of failure.

Now I had this post earlier and no one back posted. So I ask you to please read.

Nobody wants to address these two devices but they are a must for all of our computers. WHY ?? Becase just one lightning strick (and it doesn't have to be a direct one, I kow this from experiance) can do minor damage to your PC's if you are lucky, or it can fry your whole system.

Now as I said, I am purchasing a new one from trip lite, this one is a new product and does everything I and you should need for protection. It has 8 outlets, 3 are for big power supplies, phone, RJ-45, and cable hook-ups.

Now before you roll your eyes, ask yourself if that cheap power strip comes with a no hassle, $100,000 lifetime warrenty ??

If you would like to see this one, please follow the link. But even if you don't, at least get a good one that covers your system !!

Triplite article

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.