background

tommyd78

What causes the white line that appears three quarters across my background screen? It is very annoying cause I have some pretty scenic shots I like to put as background and the line is unsitely. How can I be rid of it? I have XP PRO if it matters. Thanks.

Firstly: Welcome to techspot!!! Hope you like it here and stick around for a while...

now, your problem...
I don't know. But if it turns into a brilliant white dot in the middle of the screen, and your screen disappears, start worrying. lol (unlikely though).

When you say three quarters of the way across the screen, do you mean not all the way across, a vertical line, ... ? Is it intensely light?.....

Its probably a horizontal line. And is likely some stablizer line that the monitor has by default and is nothing to worry about.

Aperture grille monitors have two faint lines that run 1/4th from the top and 1/4th from the bottom.

Perhaps there is another line near the bottom you have not noticed?

Once you use your monitor for awhile, these lines will "fade away" to your eyes (believe it or not).

none of the above. I dont think it was always there it is a horizontal line near the middle of the screen. It is a dell pc I dont think it is a problem it is just there. Thanks for the welcome!

Back