Backing up question

By mephisto_007
Jan 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our network type is WORKGROUP (No actualy server) consisting of 7-10 computers (all XP)... My question, what is the best backing up procedure I could implement?

Since I am doing the backup each time, everyday from my computer using "shared network folder" onto my computer HD and it becoming so intense for me, are there a schedual backup software that could have done the job?

Thanx
  2. Gandalph

Gandalph Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

XP's backup utlity has a scheduled backup utlity in it. It helps when you run Backup in advanced mode, the Wizard does not show the schedule part of backup.
  3. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 304

Koolz, but the only thing I can backup from other network is their ShareFolder... I wanted to backup their files on D or E (eg: D:\Office\Work2006 , etc...) as well, but it just doesn't allowed me to select displayed folder/files that I needed to backup... I did went to each computers and turn on Shared mode, with permission "everyone", "administrators" on full control... but still not accessible

What seem to be the problem?
  4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

you need maybe a server style type backup system
    VERITAS Software comes to mind ,but they have merged with Symantec so don't know what you will get
    acronis makes a backup system ,but off hand I don't know if it works for network
    I use acronis for my backups
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.