Backing up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

Our network type is WORKGROUP (No actualy server) consisting of 7-10 computers (all XP)... My question, what is the best backing up procedure I could implement?

Since I am doing the backup each time, everyday from my computer using "shared network folder" onto my computer HD and it becoming so intense for me, are there a schedual backup software that could have done the job?

Thanx

XP's backup utlity has a scheduled backup utlity in it. It helps when you run Backup in advanced mode, the Wizard does not show the schedule part of backup.

Koolz, but the only thing I can backup from other network is their ShareFolder... I wanted to backup their files on D or E (eg: D:\Office\Work2006 , etc...) as well, but it just doesn't allowed me to select displayed folder/files that I needed to backup... I did went to each computers and turn on Shared mode, with permission "everyone", "administrators" on full control... but still not accessible

What seem to be the problem?

you need maybe a server style type backup system
VERITAS Software comes to mind ,but they have merged with Symantec so don't know what you will get
acronis makes a backup system ,but off hand I don't know if it works for network
I use acronis for my backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back